Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Our kids have BIG hearts!! :)


This year, our class participated in a school wide project to collect toys and personal products to fill stockings for the Salvation Army to distribute to less fortunate children. Boy, did my students make me PROUD!! We discussed the purpose of the stockings and why we should give to others. Each child in my class was very touched and many asked if they could donate their own toys. We collected enough toys and products to not only fill the 2 stockings- 1 for a boy and 1 for a girl- but 4 stockings!! My heart was SO filled with joy as they asked questions and brought in things daily! I know that the students were so proud of what they gave by the huge smiles on their faces. I am so touched and extremely proud of our kids!! Thank you to everyone who helped with this project! What a success and a great learning experience for our students!

No comments:

Post a Comment